Some things I remind myself of when guilt hinders me from returning to God.
If I drift away from God I can feel like I can't return after sinning against Him. Here are some things I think about that encourages me to return.
1. God is slow to anger - Psalm 103:8
2. God stands ready to forgive - Psalm 86:5, 1 John 1:9
3. At the same time that God is speaking against me, His heart can be remembering me, and even yearning for me - Jeremiah 31:18-20
4. When I return to God, confessing my sins, He will meet me with forgiveness, a happy and loving embrace, and I will be treated as His son - Luke 15:11-32 (the Prodigal Son).
5. God may have planned to bring trouble into my life due to my sin. But if I repent, God may change His mind and not send the trouble - Jonah 3:10
6. Not only will confessing my sins result in forgiveness, but He may actually give me a blessing too - Joel 2:13-15
7. In Jeremiah chapters 2-3 God spoke to His faithless people. And one thing He spoke was an offer to returned to Him and that He would not look upon them with anger.
I have been posting shorter and more frequent Bible Devotions on my Short Bible Devotion blog, Facebook and on Google + . You can access them at the following links:
My Facebook wall
Short Bible Devotional blog
Receive my Sort Bible Devotions through Google + Social Network
Scripture quotations taken from the "NASB" (www.lockman.org)
Listen to the NASB® Audio Bible in a Year
This link can send today's Bible devotion to a friend fast and easy.